My special guest is Johnny "Cupcakes" Campbell, an MMA fighter, bjj brown belt, and all-around awesome individual. Johnny's fight at Cage Titans 9 years ago was what turned me back into a fan of the sport. We had a great first interview a few days after that and another at Brown University a few years later.
It was great catching up with Johnny after his latest win at Bellator. We discussed:
- His willingness to take fights on short notice.
- Overcoming negative thinking and dark thoughts.
- How at 34 he is in peak performance, physically and emotionally.
- Loyalty to his gym South Shore Sportfighting in Rockland and his coach Bill Mahoney.
- Why he fights and his plans after he retires.
- If he worries about brain health.
- What he gets out of playing video games.
Also includes the short dystopian story "Two Minutes to Midnight"
For more on Johnny: Follow him at: